Sunday, February 21, 2010

Treasure this normal day

"Normal day let me be aware of the treasure you are.Let me Learn from you

Love you


bless you, before you depart.

Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.

Let me hold you while I may,



For it may not always be so.







One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky.....


and want more than all the world, your return."

If you are returning to read my blog, yes I did just share this quote in my last post, but if you are returning I want you to read it again.........and again...........and again.




Today, today I said to myself that I was just going to live in the moment. I am just going to BE. Just be. . .



Do what the kids do, capture their everyday world. (even if that's an "accident.")




There are moments that pass by that I think "I wish I could capture that {smile, laugh, scowl, outfit etc}" So today I challenged myself to do just that, treasure this normal day.




To say Yes when I usually say no.


To Learn from it.


Love it.
Feel blessed because I lived it.

To Hold on to this normal day with all my might..... because no matter how hard I hold on to this day, time continues to slip away from us.



**Today I realized a few (unprofound things) including; we change clothes a lot (NO WONDER I HAVE SO MUCH LAUNDRY)!

The kids and I had so much fun today. I followed their every move, how fun to see the world at their level. Yes today was a good day. Yes the laundry remains piled on my couch, so if you stop by it will probably remain there until next Saturday and today I am just going to be okay with that because my kids and I lived today.

4 comments:

Rachel Siffring said...

I love it!! Great idea!!!

The Preister's said...

your the luckiest mom in the world right now!!! I am glad you took the day to enjoy, that will be in your memory bank forever!

Paige said...

Well said!! And, oh how I love this song. :)

kim said...

I'm going to try doing this more often!!!!!