Sunday, February 27, 2011

Adios February

Goodbye February (and $700).
It's been a rough month around here with almost every weekend being consumed with germs and illness
(and doctors hence the $700).

We are hoping to bring March in on a bit happier (& healthier) note!

This weekend has been a nice balance between family time and chore time.






chips, carrots, broccoli, green beans {cheese} and chicken


The other day I ran across an idea called "muffin tin meals" or something like that. Friday I happen to have some excesses dipping cheese{thank you fb friends for your assistance!} and on a whim tried our very first Muffin tin meal.












It was fun and the kids enjoyed it! I think we may give this muffin tin meal thing a try more often! The lady I was reading about picks a theme like color or shapes and then each tin goes with the theme! Our theme around here would tend to center around dips! Maybe ranch next time! {smile!}



It has been a perfectly ordinary weekend.


and I love that.

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are… Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

By far my most favorite quote, so it can't hurt to revisit it every now and again right!



Kadence has been giving Cohen a ton of hugs this weekend and she had just got done giving him one and he was going to walk away...apparently she wasn't done yet! She so gave him the look! Hilarious!

Sometimes the extraordinary is the ordinary!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Cute pics! We had a nearly normal day too except that James left on a week long trip for work (sad face). The kids have been great! Now to force myself to make them sleep in their own bed instead of with me...

Tiff said...

We have muffin tin Mondays at our house...the kids love it and surprisingly...eat all of their food every Monday!

Kim said...

Love the muffin tin idea!!!!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

SO neat to see Muffin TIn Meals featured here! muffintinmom.com is the home of muffin tin meals. :)Have you submitted it to the weekly blog link up?