Friday, February 18, 2011

"Stop doing"

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill 



Today I heard an idea and it leaves me pondering...

The idea:

One should make a "stop doing" list instead of a to do list because it takes more self discipline.

This perplexes me and leaves me compelled to try making a "stop doing" list.
Here is my first crack at a "stop doing" list

My plan is to stop doing this:

1. Apologizing for my house
          {I have kids! I work full time! If your socks stick to the kitchen floor
and you don't like it, get a rag and wipe it up}

2. Rushing.
          {I am in a hurry 24/7, even when there is no hurry I hurry}

3. Saying to my kids in the morning "Come on, hurry up we're going to be late."
          {because of the fact that I say it every morning,
it has no meaning or effect except to turn the morning negative, so I need to stop that}

4.Stealing my favorite candies from my kids when they're not looking & then blaming it on dad..."Gee I don't know I think your dad ate it! We're gonna have to talk to him when he gets home!"
{I can't help it!}

Hmmm that is a start, I sit here thinking of a few others,
but I am thinking those may be a good place to start.

Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene. ~Arthur Christopher Benson





If you made a "stop doing" list what would be on it?



Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will. ~Vernon Howard

3 comments:

kim said...

hmmmmmm....list is too big to list!!!!

The Preister's said...

i posted my list!! (well a portion of my list!)

Meg said...

I'm going to stop saying, "I will in a minute." And maybe I'll also stop saying, "you better not have another piece of chocolate" Just go for it, seize the day! Seize the moment, eat more chocolate, play Barbies with my girls!