Saturday, April 3, 2010

I confess. I am addicted.

"Spring bursts today, For Christ is risen and all the earth's at play." ~Christina Rossetti
God is good. Is there really anything else to say?
I love the magic of the holidays. Any holiday really! Cohen asked the other day "mom,what comes next (after Easter)?" I, of course, said MAY DAY! Who doesn't LOVE May day?!
I am in love with the little traditions and hoop la's that go with holidays. I am in love with the get togethers, whether is it is family or friends. I am in love with the laughter generated by those get togethers. I am in love with the magic.
Yes I admit it. I am a holiday addict.
We of course ventured up to the 'ole RC Easter Egg hunt, which I must publicly say would put any big town's hunt to shame!

"Listen up girls this is how it works."

The anticipation. The excitement. The happiness. I love happiness. I love spring!
"The Prize loot"
The time finally came to dye Easter eggs.
Kadence did master the art of making the perfect egg, only after she ate most of the pink.
*yes we had the Easter egg dye that you mix with vinegar*



Cohen was in love with the *magic* of putting the fresh clean white egg in and then out comes a beautifully colored spring egg. I must admit that I too love that part.

Oh the rainbow of colors, the possibilities are endless




This is the new "pouty face" which I was happy to finally catch on camera! It is accompanied by the perfect little "hump" sound.



Tonight is coming quickly and the Easter Bunny is going crazy with anticipation. I also happen to know that the Easter Bunny has some tricks up her sleeve this evening. The Easter Bunny is bordering on giddy!

The "annual" Easter Video is finally completed, just in the nick of time!

"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."~Lucy Van Pelt

Added much later Saturday: I must confess that it is now 10pm and the Easter bunny's hop is much slower. Is it bad if the Easter bunny just poured herself some cherry vodka and turned on a mix of Eminim and Kid Rock in a ploy to keep the bunny hoppin?!?? Man the EB has a lot to do after the little one's are tucked in!

3 comments:

The Preister's said...

the EB is a big job! I can't wait to hear how it all turned out!

Kim said...

your the "bomb" Jennifer!!!!

Paige said...

Love the new pouty face!