Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hop, shuffle-step

Moto for the week and it's working wonders!
Be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself. ~Elbert Hubbard
I saw this quote and thought So true, so true. Sounds like a challenge and why not this week?!



You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart. ~Author Unknown

I started the week out thinking "okay this is another "Rock Star" week, get ready rock star you are going on tour and it's going to be WILD!
The kind of week where you find yourself sighing before it starts!Okay well somehow this week I went from a rock star to tap dancer. Yeah I know it doesn't seem as glorious so I am not sure why the switch but the subconscious knows more than my "worry" brain so this week I am rolling (or shall I say tapping) with it! Hey whatever works right! I believe I am allowed to play mind games with myself!


I've never taken dance lessons, but this week I am perfecting a lil move I have nicked named hop shuffle-step, partly because it captures the week and also because everytime I think it I smile and laugh to myself. So in the midst of the shuffle I'll sing the lil ditty to myself hop shuff-le step and how can I be anything but happy.
It's gone a bit like this....Saturday Cohen burns hand on stove. Call on call doctor. Decide not to go to the ER. Poor Cohen. Rough times for him lately. He is so strong and never complains (his hand had to hurt like the dickins!) Man could I take some lessons from him sometimes!

Monday blister pops, I'm thinking yeah maybe we need to see the doctor and the hop moving to shuffle begins. Work work work...Arrive David City 2:30. Leave David City 3:30 Doctor appointment 4:15. Cutting that close. Daycare lady meets me at dr. office, we make it right on time "HOP" over that possible blunder.
In deed Doctor thinks it is a pretty good burn and maybe the start of an infection. Start medicine.
Cue Mark to arrive at Peds Clinic at 4:55. Shuffle. (Trade cars.) Mark drove to Columbus to get kids, get meds, drive kids home. AND step right into the Foster care Review Board with 5 mins to spare.

Tuesday involved less moves which is good. The biggest hop came when I sat in my hairdresser chair and she said "so what do you want to do?" and I said "let's cut it." Okay that might have been more of a jump.

A Shuffle of the kids as Mark and I met on top of the bluffs (which someone at work thought sounded romantic! oh little did they know it was merely a "shuffle" but they did make me chuckle!) to once again shuffle and switch cars. He drove the kids back to Rising to Grandma's, which was all the rage with the kids,and then went into C-town for work and I too went back to Columbus and stepped into the Health Dept Annual meeting with 10 mins to spare!

I'm still trying to work out the shuffle part of tomorrow, as I have yet another 6-8 meeting tomorrow night with a 4pm right before that. Hmm. No set shuffle. No step. Must shuffle. Must step, but I am confident and I am going to Hop into tomorrow trusting that the shuffle and step are going to work out! That trusting part is a biggie!

Thursday. No daycare. That is a full fledge hop shuffle and step, but I think I've finally got that choreographed.

Did I mention that Cohen is "on" for Snacks at preschool Friday and oh yeah so I am for my meeting Friday Morning? I must tell you I chuckled out loud when I got that email yesterday! OF COURSE I am on for snacks Friday! Of course!

I am hoping by the end of the week I will  have a lil....hop, shuffle, step, kick, spin! I think I am going to need to take my moves to the next level by then!


Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. ~Cynthia Nelms


So that is a very condensed version shall we say review of my little dance this week. I am a super star! (Really-right now-try saying that about yourself!.... I mean it........do it now. I am a sup-er starr and you have to say it to yourself with conviction!..I am a supa' star!..do it....I'm gonna wait here all night........It does make you smile, doesn't it. Even though it's silly..see hop, shuffle-step) You go girl!

All that "stuff" above is just stuff. Logistics. Normally those logistics bog me down. Mentally-physically-weeks like this week tap me out.

This week seems different, which is great. I am still smiling! Yea!
I am so..........happy and thankful. *okay and a wee bit tired....I said super star not super hero! *smile

*The kids and I have been totally rocking it out to "bubble gum" (the song) in car. That is the time we've had this week to just be. Just be. Okay can't dwell there or worry brain takes over!

*I met the neatest foster parents. No kids, New to the system and their first placement was a teenager. (Oh come on you have to be thinking what I'm thinking. YIKES A TEENAGER in foster care,I'm scared of the thought of my own kids being teenagers, NO THANK YOU) but they are so in love with him. Oh the love was spilling out of their words, their faces, their eyes. It was really one of the most moving things I've heard and seen in a lONG time. I am so thankful to have met them and heard their story.


*I cut my hair off. When I cut my hair off.....I always feel free! Don't you! It's like a way of shedding some of my "baggage" and starting down the path a little lighter! *Check in tomorrow to see if I still feel that way when I have to fix it myself!

*Oh there are others, but time is ticking and my eyelids are drowsy and frankly my butt is sore (the hop, shuffle step is only a figment of my imagination) I really only had a combination of sitting at my desk, sitting in a car, sitting at my desk, sitting in the tahoe, sitting in the pick up, and sitting at the meeting. I am sure you see the theme.

Life is crazy sometimes. That is just how it is. Whether you work or stay home, whether you are young or old, whether you have kids or not.....It just is. This week I am choosing to see it differently. This week I am choosing to look at it and say "yeah that's a lot, but I am capable of so much more. Let's go. Let's see what life has to offer. I do believe I can hop shuffle step with the best of 'em this week. (It is only Tuesday isn't it?!?!)

I better watch out I'm a gettin' a lil cocky over here!

Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow. ~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros

**A couple things, that really have "no place" to blend in nicely with the rest of my thoughts.
If you come a lot. Give me some comments. Initially I didn't think I would care/like or want any comments, but I do. I love them. I can't help it. I don't want to want them. I don't want to love them, but I so do and I can't change that part of me......so you know let me know if you are stopping by. I have seen some "drop in's" from other states and that peaks my interest so...who are you? Do you relate? Friend or foe? (My grandpa used to say that whenever you knocked on the door!) So leave me a comment tell me the mind games you play with your mind to manage the craziness of life!
and have you ever noticed that your work 'people" sometimes know more about you than most?!
(I told you they were unrelated thoughts!)

4 comments:

The Preister's said...

are you crazy!? You can't say you cut your hair without pictures!!

can't wait to see!

Kelsey said...

ahh Jen you are my hero.. not sure how you do all you do :) but whenever you need help i will try to be there for you!! seems like whenever you need something that is the day we have something going on!!! but just keep trying :) and i LOVE your haircut.. and we will do daiquiri's one of these days together instead of telling eachother we are eatting them :)

Paige said...

'Supa star!! Yes, I said it out loud. And, yes, it made me smile. :) You're awesome, Jen. Keep it up.

Kim said...

You have the Sanley blood in you that will keep you going :)