Sunday, March 20, 2011

Let's get it started

"Its very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit" George Sheehan




There has been some talk and some thoughts, some discussion, some consideration....
but not a lot of commitment.

It has been suggested that myself and some of my cohorts sign up to run the downtown run-around (2miles).

I have to admit the idea has appeal, but the carry through may be lacking on my part.
{I"m busy. I don't like to run. It's too cold outside. It's too hot outside. I'm tired.}

Let's start with this:
I've never been a runner.  
The 200m was more like a marathon for me, so I can't really say I've got a running past to fall back on!

I so dislike the lung burning feeling that goes with running {maybe that's because I'm out of shape-ay?!}

Last night it came to me.

I will run the 2 mile downtown runaround.

For my dad.

Sometimes a girl just needs a lil inspiration to find the motivation.

Mr. runner extraordinaire!

Runners! Take your mark


I've never been so nervous to click publish before because once it's out there...there's no backing down!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Count me in on the starting line. Training starts this week!!!!!

Jen said...

Any other Team Monty Members!?

Kim said...

Ran my first couple of blocks tonight. I have aways to go, but it is a start :)