Friday, November 19, 2010

inner processing

"Sometimes it feels like I'm not enough, like I want to give so much but my reserves are low.That's part of loving too though...making it through the empty spots and finding ways to replenish the good." ~Kelly Hampton



The quote sort of spoke to me. A description if you will of my inner processing this week.



Some weeks are easier than others to find the good. I found myself looking at these pictures from a few weeks ago {Post Halloween Pre Grandma} validation that we measure time in moments  It was dark by 6pm when we get home, but beautiful out and I said "heck with it, Cohen get the rake."
 


 and did we find the good that day.
Yes, some days it comes so easily for me and then other days I find it difficult to not get bogged down in the day to day, to do lists....



Yes some days the reserve is low and I feel like I am not enough. That there is so much more I should do.

HEY YOU! That's right I am talking to you, Pull it together!

I have been attempting to make a conscious effort to replenish the good.

Last night Cohen and I were sitting in the rocking chair, close to bedtime and my phone rang.
I didn't get up to get it.
Cohen looked up at me and said "mom you didn't get your phone because you are snuggling with me right." as he nuzzled in a little closer.
I am in awe at how quickly and effectively my kids can replenish my "good."


Pile up too many tomorrows and you'll find that you've collected nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays. ~The Music Man

I have indeed been piling up too many tomorrows and last night my children brought me back.
What a gift they are.
(A clean house helped matters too~not to steal their glory or anything!)

and can I mention that Christmas is only 36days away. I have been so caught up in surviving that I would tell you that Halloween was last week! Holy Buckets Batman it's time to get serious! Black Friday is only one week away and that is one of my favorite holiday kick off's!  Since the saying says attitude is a choice and we have to FIND the good.......I put together a christmas song playlist yesterday to listen to as I was typing away at work and man did that turn my attitude around! 
 There is nothing like Black Friday, twinkling Christmas lights in your darkened house, belting out traditional Christmas songs as if I were a professional singer, flour on the counter and frosting on your pants, as the aroma of cookies baking fills the house, the excitement, the love, the feeling and oh how I love Christmas, to replenish all that is good.Take it in people...........ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
Maybe just maybe this current "empty reserve" has its purpose and I will truely appreciate everything this Christmas season has to offer.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Love it!

Kim said...

BLACK FRIDAY HERE WE COME!!!!!!!