Saturday, May 29, 2010

an enchanted place

"There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again." ~Elizabeth Lawrence






There are days that define perfect.

These are the days I hope my kids remember.
Not the days where mom is too busy to play,
but the days where the sun is shining and it's not about what we have and don't have,
it's all about soaking up every ounce of fun we can.
Where impromptu picnics require coolers of ice, even if your travels lead you to the back yard.

and the back yard magically transforms into an enchanted garden.

There are days that I want to grab with both hands and hold on to knowing that I can't stop time.

There are days I long for my childhood.
When there was nothing better than a warm summer day and cool water. 
When you grow up, fun doesn't stop, but it isn't pure.
There is always that voice inside reminding you~in one hour you need to do this, what are the repercussions of this, I think I forgot to.., I better call so and so, tomorrow I have to, I need to, I better not, Should of, Could of, Would of. ~

And oh there are days I want that "pure" piece back.


 Today seemed different.
Today I didn't long for that bliss that is only found in childhood
because today I could see that pure,
unbridled happiness in my babies. 

And that makes all around a
 perfect and PURE happy day, for all of us. 


1 comment:

Kim said...

Good job I love the blog!!! I have to agree that was a perfect fun summer day that you created for the kids. I'm so thankful to have you as a sister and the girls have you for an aunt. Your the BOMB!!!!!!!