Sunday, May 9, 2010

the sun shall rise.

Dawn seemed to follow midnight with indecent haste. ~J.K. Rowling


It's a little childish I know, but I am stalling bedtime.....

Do you do that sometimes? 

As I sit here tonight I am at complete peace with the world. I feel as if at this very moment the stars are all aligned and I am in the right place at the right time.
Right place and right time for what?
I do not know and frankly it doesn't really matter.
It just feels right.

Oh these moments are so rare, where all is right with the world, where all the worries have been washed away hugs and kisses, with hand made cards, with laughter.

And. and I know I will go to bed.
 and
 I know when morning comes...
 so will all the "hurry up's" "we need to go's" and the "to do's" and "wants" and bills and stress,
and so I stall...

For I know that it is a rare and fleeting moment when I am at peace with myself and for that I will stall as long as I can.

Because just for a moment I believe I can stop the hands of time.
 
 
 
"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer." ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

No comments: