Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To tell a better story

We come with beautiful secrets

We come with purposes written on our hearts, written on our souls.

We come to every new morning
With possibilities only we can hold
Redemption comes from strange places, small spaces

Calling out the best of who we are

I want to add to the beauty

To tell a better story........
*I do not know the author


I do not want my story to be: get up...hustle bustle, work, pick up kids, hustle bustle, home, supper, hurry up play, bath, bed. Repeat.  
This is not the story I want.
This is not the "storybook childhood" that I want my kids to reminisce about some day.
When my kids are all grown I want something like the smell of fresh cut grass to take them back to a time and place of pure happiness, where memories come flooding back of "good times" trapezing through a sprinkler in the front yard or of under doggies in the back yard.  I want them to be able to sit around after I am long gone and say "remember when...." which would then end in smiles and a lot of laughter!

So this is my story right. This is my kids' story. I am the author. I am writing this story and I am going to try to add some new chapters this summer. Change can be very hard, so I may not accomplish everything but change can also be invigorating....so  I am going to dream big and see where it gets us this summer!

We started out strong by going to the Pawnee Plunge yesterday after work (with supper in the crock pot waiting at home, so I wouldn't stress about supper, bath,bed... I didn't say that I couldn't pre plan a few things right!)

Summer summer summer....

1. Make smores over a camp fire.
2. Go jet skiing or at least get back on a tube behind a boat!
3. Trip to the zoo
4. Small family vacation
5. Get to the pool once a week
6. Do a "planned" ~fun~ summer/back yard activity/game off Family Fun (or something similar) with the kids once a week.
7. Throw a summer bash/bbq
8. Have unplanned weekend get togethers
9. Take the kids on a picnic
10. Make homemade ice cream.
11.Wear more summer colors and skirts and sun dresses~summer attire! Outside my "zone" here!
12. Wear fun summer things in my hair~just because it makes me sunny on the inside too!
13. Have the hugest water balloon fight known to mankind with my kids
addition: 14. Relay!
15. Putt putt golf! (Cohen added that one today!)
Well that seems to be a good enough start!

Let the games begin! How exciting!

"What a beautiful, sunny morning. It makes you happy to be alive, doesn't it? We can't let the sun outshine us! We have to beam, too! "        ~Takayuki Ikkaku

3 comments:

The Preister's said...

Don't forget to add "14. Relay"!
Just read your comment, and want you to know it is NEVER too late to Relay! We will take you anytime! Hope you can make it Friday?!!

Paige said...

You go, girl! You're inspiring... hope you know that. :)

Kim said...

I'm going to think along the same lines as you and get a list started!