Sunday, August 19, 2012

change is in the air

To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. ~Henri Bergson


Change is in the air.....figuratively and literally.

This morning when we woke up there was a crispness in the air, that smelled of fall, and required you to pull your covers up just a little tighter.
I must admit.
I Love it.

The first day of school is just hours away really,
which is exciting for both kids and full of change for all of us
as we adjust to new schedules and new expectations.

There is always a tinge of sadness with new transitions
but it does not take long for the excitement that comes along
with change to win us over.


We took advantage of the day to say good bye to "summer" or
 perhaps to say hello to "fall" by making an impromptu trip to
the zoo after getting the devastating call that the first soccer game of the year was
canceled.

I am not sure I have counted to 5 so many times in one day before!



I smell of fall in the air this morning had me dreaming of...
soup,
pies,
candy corn and peanuts,
football,
oversized sweat shirts
and crunchy leaves (instead of our current crunchy grass).

Does the smell of fall conjure up any excitement for you?


Lately I've been pondering my ole bucket list and have officially added:
Be Like My Aunt Carolee when I turn 80
to the list.
*these aren't photo shopped...she posed for them to help create a card!
If I recall her Christmas card this year
was of her riding a camel at the state fair! * smile

She has the fun spirit of a 20 something mixed with the wisdom and grace of someone who has
lived, learned, and loved for 80 years, what a great mix.


Big week next week.
B-I-G Week!

No comments: