Sunday, September 11, 2011

a lofty task


That some good can be derived from every event is a better proposition than that everything happens for the best, which it assuredly does not.  ~James K. Feibleman

There have been a multitude of events recently to remind me that the world is not always kind.


Sometimes parents bury their children.

Sometimes terrorists triumph.

Sometimes bad things happen to great people (again).

It is easy to get bogged down.

It is easy to head down the path of "why"

Sometimes I am (too) quick to remember that someday it will be my turn.

Someday tragedy will be mine,
because everyone experiences tragedy sometime.

Today after listening to numerous stories of survival, of sadness, of strength...

I asked myself but what would those people whose lives ended 10 years ago tell us...
tell me?

I think they would say:  LIVE!

You can crumble under the weight of the situation (whatever your situation is)

Or you can persevere.


You can live.

Sometimes parents see their children succeed.

Sometimes terrorists are defeated.

Sometimes great things happen to great people!

It is easy to forget. 

It is easy to relive the tragedy while we let the triumphs slide by...unrecognized.

I want to teach my children to learn from the bad...
but SEE the good!



A lofty task in the world today.


A lofty task indeed.

No comments: