Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Where is the line?

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations. 
Let your kids be who they are,
and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.  ~Robert Brault


I am finding that to be a difficult task.


Every once and awhile it sinks in how much responsibility one carries the day we sign up to be parents.
We single handily shape another life's future.

Do you ever stop to think about it?

The words you use.
The things you do.
(or don't do)
All adds up for your children
Shaping them.
Shaping their futures.
Shaping them into who they will be come.

Do you think about it?
How their failures,
their successes,
are tied to your failure or success as a parent?

Where is the line?

I don't know.
Do you?

Whenever I held my newborn baby in my arms, I used to think that what I said and did to him could have an influence not only on him but on all whom he met, not only for a day or a month or a year, but for all eternity - a very challenging and exciting thought for a mother.  ~Rose Kennedy

No comments: