Sunday, July 10, 2011

my pride overflowith

It was time this weekend to check the #1 item off the summer bucket list!
I realize that you would have no recollection of what was  #1 was on my summer bucket list so
I link as well as copy here!


1. involves some PVC pipe! Stay tuned!


Friday afternoon I made the decision that it was time to tackle the following project!
Mark is on nights this weekend which means I'm flying solo on this one (with the kids of course!)
That also means that I will not only have to find a saw and drill but operate them as well!



I wandered over to Menard's Friday afternoon and attached myself to a helpful Menard's Guy who was a great assistant in finding the needed items on my list,
which must have sparked curiosity by the end because he couldnt' help but ask
"Can I ask what you are doing with this?' 
This made me chuckle.
What I don't look like plumber?! I don't look like I hang in the PVC pipe isle or what?!
I can hang.
anyways...

We woke up this morning and Cohen was begging to get it started.
I was a little nervous because we came with lots of "joints" and like 8 - 10' long pipes of PVC all of which needed cut into various lengths and tools are not my forte!



Cohen found the sawsall (Is that how you spell sawsall?!)
So I said perfect!

Cohen lined up the jack stands to lay it on. I again said perfect!
Who doesn't measure pipe on jack stands!? Just sayin' !


It took a few to get a feel for it but we did it!

I admit I did have to wake Mark up because after 15minutes of trying
*He may or may not have rolled his eyes*
I needed him to show me how to put the bit in the drill....
but once it was in, we nailed it (or drilled it I guess!)


We had water flowing by noon!


I am by far more proud of this project than anything I've ever made!  
I know it is not polite to brag,
but DAMN I just built that!

I'm beaming with Pride over here
(so get ready because I can't stop adding pictures because I acutally did it!
Okay with Cohen's help I did it but still we did it!
Holy Buckets! It's great and awesome!)

and the kids LOVE it!




HOURS and HOURS of fun today and it was a great day for water that is for sure! HOT!

Kadence collecting money from Cohen before he can start!


Kadence told me to go away. "me workin" 
Ahh see the girl has dreams!
(of being a carwash attendent but hey they're dreams!)

Happy Wet Weekend!
Roll on over sometime
We'll shine your ride!

If you want to make your own here's the link

3 comments:

Goodrich said...

Amazing! How long did that take?!

The Preister's said...

adorable! I am proud of you!!!
and, love the shirt you were rock'n :-)

kim said...

no I want you to come and built it!!!