Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spiritual bucket overload

He who has faith has... an inward reservoir of courage, hope, confidence, calmness, and assuring trust that all will come out well -
even though to the world it may appear to come out most badly. ~B.C. Forbes


I can't sleep tonight.

I cannot seem to wrap my mind around today.

I believe that religion and spirituality are related but two very different things. 
Religion is the rituals, the rules, the rights and wrongs, the framework.
Spirituality is within.

I have met some people who are very religious, but not very spiritual
and vice versa.
Both have value.

I tend to be more spiritual.
Although religion is important to me, and religion is a big piece of the picture, my spirituality is stronger than my need for religion.
*I know this is a delicate topic and I have no intentions of debating it I just need to lay some ground work here. This just my internal processing. My need to make sense of not only today but every day.

Today a series of events occurred.

Today every piece of a puzzle dropped in the perfect place at the perfect time.
Today God intervened.
Hands down.
Without a doubt.
God had a plan
and I (as well as others) were his puppets.

Today I was a "puppet" in a grander plan.
A plan that was on the verge of miraculous and I was blind to it all until the process was over! (Typical right?!  I even called a coworker to whine about a few of the KEY pieces, that of course at the time I had no idea who was stacking the deck so to speak)

Today God had plan and by 2:45pm I had goosebumps because all of sudden,
His plan,
His interventions,
all the pieces that seemed random at the time,
drifted together
and I saw it.
I felt it.
 I felt it to my core.

Goosebumps.

So did others.

So.. DID.. others....

Today was more than just a "coincidence."

I would love to go into details but for several reasons I can't. One it involves families I work with and two it is so not my story to tell. God did not directly intervene in my life (okay yes He did as obviously it has impacted me) hence why it is not my story to tell, but for the first time I can clearly see that He placed me in a certain place at a certain time with certain information that just ended in amazing things.

It has left me in awe. It has left me replaying it over and over in my head. There were so many little things that went differently today than would be "typical" and those little things that at the time drew me in a different direction than what would be "normal" Just the intonation of a voice that, something in my heart said "you have to do this today" led me to say "yes" when 99% of the times I would have said "no or later" to that same question.  I have reflected on it enough to realize that if any one of the several "little" steps along the way would have happened differently in any way.....today's events would have never happened.
If any one of us would have not listened to that whisper of a voice within...today's events would have never happened.

It was freaky. The good kind of freaky...but freaky.
I believe I may have even said..."this freaks my shit out." No Joke.
I think my heart rate is just now returning back down to "resting" rate.

When I was speaking to one of the moms I said "sometimes things are just more than a coincidence" and she said "This is just another great reminder that God is in control and we just need to let go."

letting go...........

Freaks my crap out I tell ya.

Spiritual bucket over load.


All religions must be tolerated... for... every man must get to heaven his own way. ~Frederick the Great

No comments: