Monday, May 9, 2011

home.

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. ~Jane Austen






Mother's day

Its one of those "holidays" that well just aren't holidays.
The kind where I don't really know what I expect to happen
but it doesn't seem to happen,
whatever it is
because I don't really know.
{see that's the problem with holidays like Mother's Day}

So with that out in the open.
Mother's Day was good in the down home kind of way.

It started with a little bit of this:



Which was all sugar baby.

Then it progressed into sweeping, mopping and
heck why I was at it,
 why not make the transition from Winter to Summer in both kids' closets!
{so not sugar! That project just down right sucks!}
So i was starting to ponder who the heck invented a holiday for mom's

I mean really?! It sure wasn't a mom!
By Lunch everyone was ready to get outside and burn some energy
at which point I was honestly thinking "how about a nap?!?!"

I know it is a bit cliche but the day transformed into one of those, some day we're gonna miss this days.

Simple Days

Where all you need is a little bit of sunshine and an imagination.

Days when you can smell summer in the air and everything around you feels alive



Days where you dive into an impromptu project
{and surprise yourself with how much you enjoy
swinging a sledge hammer! I gave that thing a good whack myself and I did rather enjoy it!}
Mark took the kids Saturday to purchase my Mother's Day gift
and they came home with a pink (that was Kadence's contribution) rose bush,
so we even managed to get that planted
{now just hoping I can keep it alive!}

I still don't know what I was expecting,
but maybe that's the beauty.
This,
this was good.

This was home.


and home is good.




Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other.
It is the place of confidence.
It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness
which the world forces us to wear in self-defense,
and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts.
It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness
and without any dread of ridicule. ~Frederick W. Robertson

No comments: