Saturday, March 5, 2016

Be still.


Sometimes you just need to be still.

An idea was born between a work friend and I and it came to fruition this evening. 

A relative has recently started a Yoga Studio (Shout out to Be You Yoga) and she will post her classes and doings on Facebook and one always catches my attention.  
Candlelight slow flow. 
I think to myself.......I don't know what that is but I want that. 
It sounds
Quiet.
Still. 

We decided to pull together our work team for an evening out. Only in the end, I decided to not tell them any details about what we were going to be doing. 
They totally trusted me (well kind of!) and just went with it. 
How beautiful and fun is that?!
Very little in life is a surprise anymore!

In the stillness of the candlelight 
for a moment
 I was overwhelmed.


My thoughts went to  "are you crying?"
wait return my thoughts back to breathing....
"yep that's a tear
breath
Jeepers Jen. 

In the stillness surrounded by the people who inspire me everyday
I was reminded of...
who they are,
who they are to me,
who I am because of them.

Recently I have been so caught up in and overwhelmed by...jealousy.
I want a vacation.
I want a nicer house.
I want ...
want..
want..
When are we ever going to catch a break?! 

All I needed was the stillness to ground me again.
Surrounded by the very people who have had such an influence on who I have become as a person,
even more than that
who I have become as a parent. 
In the way they live their own lives.
In the passion and commitment they show up with 
every.
day.
Every day. 

Every day they raise the bar 
for themselves, 
for families, 
for children...
for me. 

I was overwhelmed tonight because I don't know who I would be without them. 
They are my people. 
They get it.
They get me.
I need them.
Every one of us is flawed.
Not perfect.
 We are vastly different, 
but because of that, together we are strong
That's the beauty.

It's been just over 13 years since I started this journey in the world of  Early Intervention.
I walked in the door not knowing a thing about what I just signed up for, not only job wise, 
but life. 
Life wise.

This "job"
This journey.
Changes you.

Someone on our team once said to a new member...
This team is a blessing.
You will never find it anywhere, ever again.
Cherish it.

Sometimes you just need to be still, 
and take in how rich you really are. 





No comments: