Thursday, October 17, 2013

white flag



What if you can't give 100%?
That was the question posed in the last 5 secs of Grey's Anatomy.
Funny enough that's the question I've been posing to myself the last couple weeks.

I feel like nothing gets 100%.
Everything *family*kids*house*work*myself*  everything gets a little but nothing gets everything. Thus everything is missing something and nothing feels successful, and that leaves everything needing something. 
I feel like my life has been swallowed by one giant "to do" list.

I'm aware that most people have just as much on their plates, perhaps more, perhaps less, but busy all the same.
Then it just boils down to you, as an individual, managing day to day life.
Coping strategies.

I am currently putting mine into question (both managing techniques and coping strategies).
I am analyzing you.
You appear to have it "together"
You appear to manage.
Balance.
Juggle.
Smile.
I'm watching.
Wondering....
What can you teach  me about managing? Coping? Not just surviving but thriving?
Perhaps you can teach me?

.....or perhaps I can tell you.....
sometimes you have to wave the white flag.
Surrender.
Surrender to the fact that you can't give everything 100%.


What happens when you can't give 100%?

You go back to the "beginning."
You wave the white flag.
Surrender.
....and begin again.


At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice.




No comments: