Saturday, November 17, 2012

The eye of the storm

Life is a whirlwind.
 
This much is true.

Sometimes I am feel like I am clinging on for dear life
being whipping around, out of control.

Then it comes.
 
The calm.


Seeing the beauty of the chaos around you....
 
The eye of the storm.

Sometimes I find myself stuck
 in that trap,
wishing for a quiet,
calm,
imaginary
 "put together", life.
 
*whatever that is*
 
 
 
 
but I think I am slowly coming to realize,
many things,
which add up to the fact that it is time
to stop wishing
and keep remembering
the wonder,
the beauty, 
that exists in the whirlwind life in front of me.

Life is crazy beautiful. Right?
Sometimes more one over the other but both parts necessary
*crazy & beautiful*
 
There is always something to be thankful for and I am sure I could make you a top ten list tonight
of the things that I and many others are thankful for today and every day.... but I am not sure that it should matter or would matter to anyone else....things like....
 
I do have 2 healthy beautiful children and I am beyond thankful for them
(and yet there are days I need time away)
I have a great husband, who thankfully balances out my tendencies to over react/add too much emotion, with calm and reason 
(and yet there are days.....)
 
Yes I have a list.
But right now I just share this:
 
I am thankful that my life has allowed me to be realistic....
 
To understand that I can be thankful....
AND yet not perfect.
 
The eye of the storm.....*if you will*
 
Trying to find and see the beauty of the chaos around me.
*most of the time*
 
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~Melody Beattie




No comments: