Sunday, March 13, 2016

Our day. March 13th.

My job since day one has been to raise you, grow you, guide you, to set you free one day.

This week was filled with reminders of how fragile life is,
so this weekend we celebrated life.
This crazy, chaotic, sometimes hard, but still blessed life.

Sometimes I lay awake at night wondering what your journey in life will be. What paths will you walk. Will you know happiness? Will you know love? Will you feel success? Confidence?
Will you take on this world and make it a better place?

Will you always remember what really matters? Will you make the right choices when faced with a choice between what is right and what is popular?


Will you remember to love life!? Will you smile. Laugh. Enjoy. Treasure all that you can.



When you are grown will I look back and know I've done all I could to give you all those things.
Have I lived my life the way I want you to live yours? Have I given you the correct "shoes" to walk the paths that your life is going to take you on. I know all too well that the ground work is already laid for you. Oh Cohen have I done what I needed? Will I do what I need to as time goes on?

Will you recognize the value of your own wife and kids someday?

What secrets will you carry?

Will you remember to pursue the things you love? The things that make you happy?

There is such an enormous amount of responsibility when taking on the role of "mom" or "parent." When you blew out your candles and wished for derby cars, spray paint, a phone, you know cool stuff,  I was along side you blowing out mine and wishing more than anything that I have given you everything you need to take this journey in life and find happiness. My love for you is immeasurable. Happy birthday Cohen.



No comments: